Work that makes you rethink how things can be done, work that points to new ways forward, ideas that move away from the status quo. Work that raises your eyebrows and makes you question.
It could be a social wave, a new methodology, or a new business model. Work that uses a different approach, it can be new technology or a new use of technology; a new platform or using an existing platform in a new/different way. Anything that symbolizes the future and pushing the boundaries. Entries do not have to focus on Advertising but rather creative solutions.
Augmented Reality Digital Experiences that combine live action imagery (either through a camera or direct sight) with CG imagery (such as an overlay or a manipulated camera feed) in either a practical, useful or creative fashion. This could be in any medium, such as a mobile device, computer device or live experience. Entrant needs to provide a case study that explains the concept and thoroughly conveys the actual AR experience in detail as the user would experience.
Best Use of Real Time Advertising
Brand Action Brand actions are activities that may inform advertising but are distinct from it. Programs such as Small Business Saturday, real work stunts like Red Bull Stratos, PR stunts like McWhopper, and one-offs such as REI OptOutside are examples.
Creative Technology Technology deployed in creative ways. The technology can be used to facilitate the telling of the story, or be the story itself. The jury is looking for clever and innovative uses of creative technology often in artistic ways, whether they be new ways of using old technology, or new technology used in a unique, innovative, groundbreaking fashion.
Creativity in Commerce Recognizing creativity that inspires preference, transaction, payment and purchase
Experiential Live experiences that allow people to interact and engage with a product, service or brand.
Media Creativity Ideas/content developed by media agencies and properties rather than traditional creative.
Media Innovation Using traditional media deployments in non-traditional ways or creating new media opportunities that benefit brands and consumers.
Product Innovation Stand alone products that are innovative in their class.
Social Media Work that utilizes Social Media Platforms in a truly innovative and unique fashion. This can involve a new way of delivering content, clever use of platform mechanics, unique use of influencers, or complete platform manipulation.
Technology Development Use of a new technology that enhances the way a consumer would interact with either a brand, product or a service. The jury is looking for work that utilizes technology in either an informative or practical way.
Virtual Reality Digital Experiences that use a screen device to replace a person’s vision and provide an immersive or interactive experience. This could be in the form of a single person experience or group experience. Entrant needs to provide a case study that explains the concept and thoroughly conveys the actual VR experience in detail as the user would experience.
Evolution entries require a Case Study uploaded as an MOV or MP4
Only one (1) upload allowed per entry
Physical Material will not be accepted
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st September 2019 and 8th August 2021.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
When entering a Case Study:
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- Any entrant that requires LIA to change the media because of music rights will be charged a USD $500.00 fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum