An entertainment-based vehicle that is funded by and complementary to a brand's marketing strategy. Branded Entertainment encompasses any piece of content (scripted or unscripted, comedy or drama, series or a single) that is made with a brand’s personality, positioning and marketing objectives in mind. Its primary intention is delivering an entertaining and engaging experience to consumers.
Augmented Reality Digital Experiences that combine live action imagery (either through a camera or direct sight) with CG imagery (such as an overlay or a manipulated camera feed) in either a practical, useful or creative fashion. Entrant needs to provide a case study that explains the concept and thoroughly conveys the actual AR experience in detail as the user would experience.
Best Use of Real Time Advertising
Creative Use of Data Celebrates the most innovative uses and incorporation of data into creative executions. Includes Data Storytelling, Social Media Data, Real-Time Data and Data Visualization.
Documentary Feature Film
Documentary Short Film
Documentary TV Program
Entertainment - Audio Music, Radio, Audio Podcast or Sound
Gaming Work that looks to build into, or expand beyond the game and/or virtual universe to create entertainment and connective experiences for players and people.
Public Service/Social Responsibility Includes Charities, Issue Advocacy, Fundraising and NGOs. Gold Winners in this sub-category across all competitions, except in Health & Wellness and Pharma & Medical, will be judged by the Integration Jury for a potential Public Service/Social Responsibility Grand LIA.
Reality/Unscripted/Alternative TV Show
Scripted Feature Film
Scripted Short Film
Scripted TV Movie
Scripted TV Show
Sponsored Commercial An ad aired during a program that showcases a brand and features the story line and/or cast members from that program.
Taped or Live TV Event
Video Podcast Video content created specifically for a brand/product for advertising, promotional or public relations purposes. Can be a single episode or a multi-episode series.
Virtual Reality Digital Experiences that use a screen device to replace a person’s vision and provide an immersive or interactive experience. Entrant needs to provide a case study that explains the concept and thoroughly conveys the actual VR experience in detail as the user would experience.
Zeitgeist Creativity in the spirit, mood, culture or subculture of a particular time
Multi-Channel Storytelling Telling a story and adding depth by leveraging multiple forms of media, such as film, experiential, digital, social games and print. This category does not represent one unconventional use of one media or use of a new media or integrated campaigns where surrounding pieces act as a traffic driver to one main piece of content.
Reality/Unscripted/Alternative TV Series
Scripted TV Series
Branded Entertainment entries can be entered as an MOV, MP4 or MP3.
For long form entries it is recommended that you provide a URL linking to the original work, this will only be used if the jury requests to view the work in its entirety.
Any piece of work that exceeds 15 minutes must be entered as a Case Study.
Any piece of work that is 5 minutes or less must be entered in its original form.
Physical Material will not be accepted
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st July 2021 and 31st August 2022.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
Case Studies (required for any piece of work that exceeds 15 minutes):
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 5 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- Any entrant that requires LIA to change the media because of music rights will be charged a USD $500.00 fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum
Slates, clocks or bars must NOT appear on the video. Entries that contain the entrant name or branding of entering company will not be accepted.
Specs for MP3 uploads:
Minimum of 64kbps (mono) up to a maximum of 196kbps
File type: MP3 (stereo) with a compression ratio of 22:1
File size: 3 MB maximum
- You may provide a URL that will direct the Jury to the work in its entirety. The jury will only view the URL if they choose to see the complete work after viewing the Case Study.
- You must submit all required user names and/or passwords.
- All Judging URLs must be live from the date of entry through 31st December 2022.