LIA recognizes the very best and most innovative in packaging design from around the world. Our panel of esteemed international judges set criteria for recognizing packaging that is exceptionally crafted, beautifully executed and breaks new ground.
Beauty Includes Cosmetics, Toiletries and First Aid Products
Beverages - Non-Alcoholic
Fashion Includes Apparel, Shoes, Belts, Jewelry and Handbags
Home Products Includes Cleaning Products, Pet Products and Appliances
Pharmaceuticals Includes Condoms, OTC and Prescription Drugs
Promotional Packaging Includes Shopping Bags, Gift Boxes and Promotional Items
Prototype A fully-functional and at full-scale design of a product that is either being test-marketed on a small scale or has not yet been released for sale in the marketplace
Recreation Includes Toys and Games
Retailer Packaging Any product promoting a Retail Label/Brand
Structural Packaging Primary and/or Secondary structural packaging design for mass-produced consumer products. Judging will be based on overall creative solutions considering materials, structure and packaging concept. The package design should not only protect the product, but also enhance the consumer's purchase and product usability experience. The package should become an integral part of the overall product/brand experience.
Sustainable Packaging Packaging that takes special consideration for the environmental impact of the product
Use of Copywriting
Use of Illustration
Use of Photography
Use of Typography
Art Direction Product Line
Automotive Products Product Line
Beauty Product Line Includes Cosmetics and Toiletries
Beers Product Line
Beverages - Non-Alcoholic Product Line
Confections/Snacks Product Line
Dairy Products Product Line
Electronics/Tech Equipment Product Line
Entertainment Product Line
Fashion Product Line Includes Apparel, Shoes, Belts, Jewelry and Handbags
Foods Product Line
Gift Items Product Line
Graphic Design Product Line
Home Products Product Line Includes Cleaning Products, Pet Products and Appliances
Liquors/Spirits Product Line
Pharmaceuticals Product Line Includes Condoms, OTC and Prescription Drugs
Promotional Packaging Product Line Includes Shopping Bags, Gift Boxes and Promotional Items
Recreation Product Line
Retailer Packaging Product Line Any product line promoting a Retail Label/Brand
Special Editions Product Line
Structural Packaging Product Line Primary and/or Secondary structural packaging design for mass-produced consumer products. Judging will be based on overall creative solutions considering materials, structure and packaging concept. The package design should not only protect the product, but also enhance the consumer's purchase and product usability experience. The package should become an integral part of the overall product/brand experience.
Sustainable Packaging Product Line Packaging that takes special consideration for the environmental impact of the product
Use of Copywriting Product Line
Use of Illustration Product Line
Use of Photography Product Line
Use of Typography Product Line
Wines Product Line
Package Design entries can be entered as an MOV, MP4, JPEGs or Physical Material
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st July 2021 and 31st August 2022.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
When sending Physical Material:
- You must supply one (1) sample of the actual packaging. If entering a Product Line, you must supply one (1) piece of the actual packaging for each item in the line.
- If you must empty the contents for Shipping/Customs purposes, be sure to upload at least one JPEG of the packaging as it appeared in the marketplace.
- If entering in more than one category, you must supply a piece for each category entered.
- Do not affix or wrap forms around the entry material. All forms should be sent flat in an envelope.
- In addition, you must upload a JPEG(s) for each entry. When entering a Product Line, you must upload a JPEG of the entire line, plus several JPEGs that best represent your entry.
- If an entrant specifically requests an entry be returned, LIA will make every effort to comply. LIA indemnifies itself of any loss or damage to the original entry. The entrant assumes all costs for packing and shipping for the return of the work. These requests must be made upon entry.
When entering a Case Study:
- The case study that is submitted for judging must clearly show the work in-situ.
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- Any entrant that requires LIA to change the media because of music rights will be charged a USD $500.00 fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum
Specs for JPEG uploads:
Landscape Images: Approx. 2400 x 3000 pixels
Portrait Images: Approx. 3000 x 2400 pixels
Equivalent to 203mm x 254mm (8 in x 10 in)
Color Mode: CMYK or RGB
File size: 6 MB maximum