Radio & Audio
Hearing is our fastest sense, and through the strong connections between sound, music, emotion and memory, audio can elicit intense reactions and has the power to stimulate the imagination like no screen possibly can. This media encompasses any piece of audio-centric content that drives brand awareness and recall without relying on visuals. Success is measured through brave ideation, meticulously crafted and executed without compromise. Entries should demonstrate an understanding of the different ways listeners listen, ensuring the content is suitable for the specific audio platform on which it will be heard.
Beverages - Alcoholic
Beverages - Non-Alcoholic
Conceived & Produced by Station
Corporate Image/Social Awareness Must be attached to a brand. May include Self-Promotion
Creative Use of Data Celebrates the most innovative uses and incorporation of data into creative executions.
Creativity in Commerce Recognizing creativity that inspires preference, transaction, payment and purchase
Direction Recognizes the script treatment and overall execution of the idea. This might take into account creative casting, strong acting performances, ability to paint realistic mental pictures, tone and pacing.
Entertainment Includes Theatres, Zoos, Museums, Movies, TV Programs, Lotteries, Music Festivals, Sports, etc.
Foods Does not include Retail Food Chains/Restaurants
Health Care Services Includes Hospitals, Clinics, Nursing Homes, etc.
Innovative Use of Radio & Audio Must be entered as a Video Case Study
Media Promotion Includes Streaming Services, Magazines, Newspapers, TV Stations, Radio Stations, etc.
Personal Items/Gift Items
Public Service/NGO/Charities Gold Winners are only eligible for the Public Service / Social Awareness Grand LIA
Retail Can be Online or Brick & Mortar
Script Writing Must include the actual script
Use of Music
Zeitgeist Creativity in the spirit, mood, culture or subculture of a particular time
Public Service/NGO/Charities Campaign Gold Winners are only eligible for the Public Service / Social Awareness Grand LIA
Radio & Audio entries can be entered as an MP3, MOV or MP4. Straight audio files must be entered as an MP3.
We will Not Approve for Judging an MOV that has no moving images. You will be required to replace any MOV upload that has no moving images at a fee of US $100.
In the categories Innovative Use of Radio and Podcasts, an MOV or MP4 is preferable
- Must be uploaded as separate MP3, MOV or MP4 files (one for each spot in the campaign)
- Campaigns that have all elements represented on one Case Study are only required to have one upload.
Physical Material will not be accepted
Entries not broadcast or aired in English must be entered in their original language. In addition, we will require a second MP3 upload of the work dubbed in English with the original music and/or sound effects. If you cannot provide this, a written translation will be accepted.
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st September 2019 and 8th August 2021.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast or released, regardless of category. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- Juries prefer concise and to-the-point Case Studies.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- Any entrant that requires LIA to change the media because of music rights will be charged a USD $500.00 fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum
Specs for MP3 uploads:
Minimum of 64kbps (mono) up to a maximum of 196kbps
File type: MP3 (stereo) with a compression ratio of 22:1
File size: 3 MB maximum