This year's big winners were ADK Taiwan, who was named Chinese Creativity Agency of the Year, and Amber China who was announced as Chinese Creativity Independent Agency of the Year.
Richard Yu, CCO of ADK Taiwan joined the celebrations in Shanghai, where Barbara Levy, presented him with the coveted black Statue and five of the sought-after red LIA Statues.
Amber Liu, CEO of Amber China and CK Tan, CCO were present to receive the black Of The Year Statue and two red LIA Statues.
This year the Chinese Creativity Show awarded two Of The Year winners. The Of The Year awards were calculated based on the points garnered from wins in the Chinese Creativity show. Pictured above is CK Tan and Richard Yu with their exclusive Black Statues.
Other agencies to win multiple red Statues were Cheil Worldwide Hong Kong and The Nine X Insight Group Shanghai who both collected 3 awards each. The 2018 juries awarded 23 red Statues in total and these are listed below. All the juries gathered in Las Vegas to judge from Round 1 through to Statue Discussions, the judging ran concurrently with the Global LIA judging.
"We are really impressed with the work that's being honored. The top people who live, breathe and speak Chinese creativity, came together in Las Vegas to judge and award the best in Chinese creativity. All the winners should be very proud of their work," said Barbara Levy, President of LIA.
"To judge LIA Chinese Creativity in Vegas, there will be a different perspective in judging, especially when it is on the stage as the Global Judging. We hope the world can see the influence of Chinese creativity; its unique insights, sharp culture and work that have with a mission and purpose," explained Danny Li, ECD at McGarry Bowen Shanghai and Chinese Creativity Print & Poster juror.
• Branded Entertainment - Online for Uni Noodle titled "House of Little Moments - The Original Flavour 1/2"
• Integration - Public Service/Social Awareness for 7-Eleven Taiwan titled "Rhythm of Love
• Marketing Effectiveness - Others for 7-Eleven Taiwan titled "Rhythm of Love Wall"
• Production & Post-Production - Script for Uni Noodle titled "House of Little Moments - The Original Flavour 1/2"
• TV/Cinema/Online Film - Humour for KGI Bank titled "Fifty Shades of Borrowing Money series"
• Branded Entertainment - Experiential / Live Events for Diesel titled "The Anti-Perfect Collection"
• Print - Art Direction for Ammeloo titled "Chop-Chop 2.0 _ Pork"
Cheil Worldwide, Hong Kong
• Design - Use of Illustration Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled "Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers"
• OOH - Illustration Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled "Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers"
• Poster - Art Direction Campaign for JBL (iTect Ltd) titled "Block Out The Chaos: World Leaders / Football Managers"
The Nine X Insight Group, Shanghai
• Design - Experiential Design for Vatti titled "Intelligent Head"
• OOH - Best use of Media for Vatti titled "Intelligent Head"
• Production & Post-Production - Animation for Vatti titled "Kungfu Water"
Blak Labs, Singapore
• Production & Post-Production - Cinematography for Maybank titled "Conversations"
CY FILMS CO., LTD, Taipei
• Production & Post-Production - Direction for Vivo titled "Vivo X21"
• Integration - Business-to-Consumer for Taobao titled "Treasures of the Year 2017"
Guangzhou Dakoo, Guangzhou
• Package Design - Promotional Packaging for Carlsberg titled "Carlsberg 15 Minutes World Cup"
Hylink Digital Solution Co., Ltd., Beijing
• Marketing Effectiveness - Beverages - Non-Alcoholic for MengNiu Milk titled "MengNiu --Nest Compass"
• Marketing Effectiveness - Cosmetics/Toiletries/Pharmaceuticals for NIVEA titled "Cloud Cream Cone"
• Design - Use of Typography for Alzheimer's Disease Chinese titled "Fading Font"
Ogilvy Hong Kong, Hong Kong
• Design - Posters Campaign for KFC titled "Hot & Spicy"
• Digital - Social Media Usage for Tencent titled "A Meme Gallery"
• Digital - Mobile Advertising for UnionPay Quick Pass titled "An Ad That Shouldn't Have Existed"
Ong Chee Lip, Group CCO at 180ai Beijing and an Integration jury member, summed up the whole LIA Chinese Creativity work he saw in Las Vegas succinctly and said, "Saw some brave new attempts in creating ideas and solutions that pushes boundaries of advertising. Ideas that are human-centric and compelling in engagement. A positive sign for the Chinese Ad Industry!"
As Chinese Creativity is part of the LIA global show, Chinese Creativity red Statue winners also earn points in the Campaign Brief Asia Creative Ranking system.