The Creative LIAisons program is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me. I’ll be forever grateful for this opportunity, because I was able to meet my new industry idols. All the learnings and discoveries were truly amazing. It inspired me to be better.
I know that I have more to learn, and I’m so lucky that these creative geniuses from all over the world fueled my burning passion.
Here are some of the things I learned from my talented coaches:
Natasha Maasri, Executive Creative Director, Leo Burnett MEA
• Winning starts within yourself. Always believe in your idea first, before others will.
• If your friends or family saw your campaign, experienced it, and felt it, then it was a good idea already.
• Crafting never stops - which is already my motto even before LIA. I’m glad that another creative mind shared the same discipline.
• Research is an essential stage in creative development. Do mood boards.
• Enjoy the process, don’t rush. Make advertising life fun.
Simon Bagnasco, Executive Director, Saatchi & Saatchi Melbourne
• Treat all work, your day-to-day, as award-winning work
• Educate yourself on the latest Categories in Award Shows. Then watch case videos and start thinking of ideas.
• Clients are really challenging. As a creative, you must find new ways to present to clients until you find the joy of presenting.
• Always see and try things differently.
• When writing case boards: 3 lines for idea and insight. That’s it.
• Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us get to work – Chuck Close
Adam Hessel, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy Health New York
• Health is not as fun as the other brands, but it’s worth it.
• You need to work on various elements for health: apps, how to cure cancer, etc.
• Health category is quite difficult, because you must encourage doctors to advocate their own brand.
• Some things can start as non-health related. But when you dig deeper, that’s when you see the relevance.
My LIA journey has been magical, and I would really love to meet all of my coaches someday in person.