Verbal Identity encompasses all media types i.e. TV, Print, Design, Digital, Packaging, Radio etc.
Verbal Identity entries can be entered as MOV, MP4, JPEG, MP3, URL or a combination of the aforementioned
Uploads must clearly demonstrate the work and show the key elements, preferably in a selection of media (not as a case study video)
Verbal Identity requires that the work must be entered as it was executed and presented to its audience
Each Entry requires a short written brief or explanation, in English, of up to 150 words to set the context for the verbal assets that have been created. This can cover the following:
– Intent/positioning of the brand
– Usage requirements
– Launch date – when this work went live in the public space
Tone of Voice: if sets of guidelines have been prepared to codify the tone of voice, this should also be supplied.
Physical Material will not be Accepted
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st July 2017 and 31st July 2018.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum
Slates, clocks or bars must NOT appear on the video. Entries that contain entrant name or branding of entering company will not be accepted.
Specs for JPEG uploads:
Landscape Images: Approx. 2400 x 3000 pixels
Portrait Images: Approx. 3000 x 2400 pixels
Equivalent to 203mm x 254mm (8 in x 10 in)
Color Mode: CMYK or RGB
File size: 6 MB maximum
Specs for MP3 uploads:
Minimum of 64kbps (mono) up to a maximum of 196kbps
File type: MP3 (stereo) with a compression ratio of 22:1
File size: 3 MB maximum
- All Judging URLs must be live from the date of entry through 31st December 2018.
- The Judging URL can bring the user to a landing page that hosts all elements that you wish the jury to view. The landing page can include the concept, translation and/or explanation along with the work to be judged.
- You must submit all required user names and/or passwords.
- Entries that are unable to be viewed (due to an incorrect URL, User Name or Password) will be disqualified and will not be judged. Entry Fees for disqualified entries will not be refunded.