Best Use of Real Time Advertising
Brand Identity Includes Local, Regional and Global
Branded Content The creation of original content by a brand. The purpose is to deliver marketing messages by engaging consumers via a platform(s) rather than traditional advertising methods
Brochures/Catalogues - Business-to-Business
Brochures/Catalogues - Consumer
Client Promotion Promotes the Client only
Corporate Identity Includes Business Cards, Invitations, Stationery, etc.
Creative Use of Data Celebrates the most innovative uses and incorporation of data into creative executions. Includes Data Storytelling, Social Media Data and Real-Time Data, etc.
Direct Marketing – Business-to-Business
Direct Marketing – Consumer
Experiential Design Design of products, processes, services, events and environments, with a focus on the positive brand perception created by the quality of the consumer experience.
Innovative Use of Design Must be entered as a Video Case Study
Installations/Displays Can be Permanent or Temporary design that is executed in public places while communicating a brand and/or enhances a space, environment or building such as Exhibitions, Pop-up Stores, Shop Windows, etc.
Motion Graphics - Animation
Motion Graphics - Typography
Naming The creation of a new brand or product name that suggests the soul and positioning of a new product or brand in an evocative and memorable way.
Point-of-Sale Displays that usually appear indoors and are used to directly promote or sell products or services. Does not include Posters or Print ads.
Product Design Products that are already in the marketplace.
Product Development Products that are still in the prototype stage and/or have not reached the marketplace
Retail Space Design for retail spaces including Pop-up Stores, Shop Windows, etc.
Self-Promotion Promotes the Entrant only
Spatial Design Includes Public Spaces, Bus Stops, Airports, Parks and Office Space
Sustainable Design Design that takes special consideration for the environmental impact of the product
Tagline/Endline Brief phrase designed to ingeniously and intelligently express a brand proposition. A long-term defining phrase and will remain associated with the brand unaltered as a prolongation of its name. Can change with cultural norms.
Tone of Voice The development of a character-rich and/or relevant voice for a product or brand in its written and/or spoken communications.
Use of Copywriting
Use of Illustration
Use of Photography
Use of Typography
Zeitgeist Creativity in the spirit, mood, culture or subculture of a particular time
Art Direction Campaign
Brochures/Catalogues – Business-to-Business Campaign
Brochures/Catalogues – Consumer Campaign
Direct Marketing – Business-to-Business Campaign Promotional Pieces
Direct Marketing – Consumer Campaign Promotional Pieces
Motion Graphics - Animation Campaign
Motion Graphics - Typography Campaign
Use of Copywriting Campaign
Use of Illustration Campaign
Use of Photography Campaign
Use of Typography Campaign
Design entries can be entered as an MOV, MP4, JPEG or Physical Material
Case Studies are required in the categories of:
- Branded Content
- Creative Use of Data
- Experiential Design
- Innovative Use of Design
- Product Development
MOV or MP4 uploads are required in the categories of:
- Digital Installations
- Motion Graphics – Animation
- Motion Graphics – Typography
- Entries submitted must be released in a commercial environment with client approval between 1st September 2019 and 8th August 2021.
- All work submitted must be in the exact form it was broadcast, published or released with all the logos, trademarks and copy marks intact, regardless of category or medium. Work must not be altered for submission purposes.
- If an Entrant lists more than one company in the Entrant field, two entry fees are required. LIA will invoice the Entering Company for the additional entry fee.
When sending Physical Material:
- A sample of the actual design piece must be supplied.
- If entering in more than one category, you must supply a piece for each category entered.
- Do not affix or wrap forms around the entry material. All forms should be sent flat in an envelope.
- Entries sent in poster format must be on a mounted board. No board should be more than 600mm x 400mm (24 in x 16 in) in size, with a border of 25mm (1 in). The overall size of the board is inclusive of the border.
- Campaigns require a separate mounted board of each execution.
- You MUST upload a JPEG(s) of the work.
- If an entrant specifically requests an entry be returned, LIA will make every effort to comply. LIA indemnifies itself of any loss or damage to the original entry. The entrant assumes all costs for packing and shipping for the return of the work. These requests must be made upon entry.
When entering a Case Study:
- The case study that is submitted for judging must clearly show the work in-situ.
- The presentation should clearly demonstrate the concept and show the key elements through which the core idea has been expressed.
- Must not exceed 3 minutes.
- Narration must be in English or have English subtitles.
- It is mandatory that the Case Studies use Royalty-Free music.
- Any entrant that requires LIA to change the media because of music rights will be charged a USD $500.00 fee.
Specs for MOV/MP4 uploads:
Standard Definition Source Material minimum: 720 x 480
High Definition Source Material: 1920 x 1080
Frame Rate: Original Frame Rate
(23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60)
Codec: H264 or Mpeg4, Best Quality
Data Rate: Minimum 5,000kbps / Maximum 10,000kbps
Sound: AAC 48KHz
File size: 1 GB maximum
Specs for JPEG uploads:
Landscape Images: Approx. 2400 x 3000 pixels
Portrait Images: Approx. 3000 x 2400 pixels
Equivalent to 203mm x 254mm (8 in x 10 in)
Color Mode: CMYK or RGB
File size: 6 MB maximum